— SAFETY —
We are dedicated to ensuring and safe and injury free working environment for our employees, subcontractors, and clients.
To complete a quality and successful project on schedule, Altius focuses on construction safety and eliminates job site hazards and risks, deploying a workforce that follows all rules and regulations and invokes a relentless, always improving safety culture. Our culture allows us to achieve a high level of productivity and competitiveness that is crucial for success.
We understand that maintaining a safe work environment is a critical component to any project’s success. The safety of our personnel, subcontractors, the public, and the environment is crucial. We have a commitment to our building team to uphold the highest standards of safety and encourage safety awareness. Our on-site superintendents firmly believe and uphold the Zero Accident and Zero Injury Philosophy. Safety is a key component to everything we do.
Altius Building Company encourages a holistic approach to safety on all our construction sites. We believe a construction work site can have quality work, be productive, and have an effective safety program at the same time. We encourage a culture of safety by using the following practices:
- Safety begins first with top management: We focus on visual concepts, not just words.
- Creating a program that makes sense to management and workers.
- Identify where issues exist before a project starts and implement solutions that serve best.
- Fully understand the responsibility and requirement to wear personal protective equipment.
- Encourage employee involvement and feedback on all safety related matters.
- Select employees to function as safety coordinators with the responsibility of making safety changes as needed.
Before work even starts, a detailed project safety plan is developed, providing an overview of work scope and roles and responsibilities of key personnel. It includes a list of local emergency responders and medical facilities; emergency procedures and evacuation plans; fall management and retrieval procedures; substance abuse testing and new employee orientation. Safety manuals that outline safety expectations and criteria are given to all subcontractors. Subcontractors are also required to submit their own project specific safety plan.